Pages

Monday 18 October 2010

Preparations

Two weeks until National Novel Writing Month and we're counting down the days.  Twenty eight students have signed up for NaNoWriMo this year.  Twenty eight!* And about a dozen more said that they couldn't make the meeting but would very much like to write.  This is absolutely wonderful!  We're taking full advantage of the Young Writers' Program this year and have already set up the RPS Library virtual classroom, and we've offered participating students a spiral bound copy of the workbook to keep them going.  All students in uniform are signing up for the YWP, while those in sixth form are overage and will be taking part in the full-on, hardcore that is NaNoWriMo.  The timings are wonderful this year: we'll return from half term on the 1st November, just in time for it all to kick off.  Then we have an occasional day on the 29th before finishing on a Tuesday.

Looking forward to seeing how everyone gets on! If anyone knows of any UK secondary schools taking part, please let me know.

And as for me, yes, I'll be taking part again this year.  Quite how it will fit with work, roller derby and studying I have no idea, but I'll make it work somehow. Some of my research material arrived today and I'm very excited about it all.

 

*Yes, I know we only have twenty one computers and a handful of them fail to work even on a good day. And no, I haven't figured out how we'll all fit in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, all comments are moderated as there are a large number of students who check this blog. I'll clear it through as soon as I can!
Thanks.