Pages

Wednesday 20 October 2010

NaNo Plans

The NaNoWriMo work books have been printed and are ready for collection!  Big thank you to Su in Reprographics for doing them so quickly.  They're going to be really useful for those students who would like to do a mass of planning and research for their novels over the half term.  I'm getting really excited about this year.

The difficulty that I think we're going to have is that there just aren't enough computers available for all of our writers to write together, and having spoken to the ICT department, I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell of us getting the use of any of the school laptops. The plan then, is to do something new.  For all of November, the library will become the Writers' Cafe from 3.30 until 4.30 every day.  An hour-long writing session, with tea, coffee and biscuits available to all who require sustenance! It'll be self-service, and though we will have to ask for a donation for drinks and things, and we'll be doing this through an honesty box over by the kettle. *  This should give our writers the extra time that they'll need to really get a hold on their wordcounts, while surrounded by others doing the same.  I'll be in the corner with my laptop, clutching my coffee and rocking gently back and forth...

*Which probably won't last the month - does anyone have a spare they could donate to a worthy cause?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, all comments are moderated as there are a large number of students who check this blog. I'll clear it through as soon as I can!
Thanks.