Pages

Saturday 16 October 2010

Newly Added

New arrivals this week included the following:

The Big Book of Brain Games

Recommended by the Maths department when we had the Happy Puzzle Company in to school last week (which my Year 7s absolutely adored - fantastic work with the dominoes guys), this is one of the most frustrating books in the world.  Ever.  Not being hugely mathsy, I look at these puzzles and can either get them straight away or battle at them for hours without any progress AT ALL.  Anyone studying maths who fancies helping me out with these, please do.  It's already been thrown across the office once.

The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot  (Books 6-10)

Yes, Becky in Year 8, I agree, if we're going to have the first five, it's only fair that we get you the rest.  Here you are.

The Black Stallion Adventures, by Walter Farley

As requested by Ryan. I've been promised adventure, violence, and ponies. My kinda stuff. Of course, Ryan sadly can't borrow these until he returns his overdue books (mwahahaha!) so perhaps this will provide an incentive ;)

Halo, by Zizou Corder; Unhooking the Moon, by Gregory Hughes; and The Enemy, by Charlie Higson.

Completing our collection of the Booktrust Teenage Prize shortlist, I'm quite excited about The Enemy, but have failed to read The Dead yet, so it may have to wait.  Zombie fans might have to jump in there before the Book Group get their hands on these...

Scott Pilgrim, volumes 1-3, by Bryan Lee O'Malley

Hoping these will popular enough that I can justify getting volumes 4-6 as well... (she says, sneaking 1-3 out of the library.)

We've also added some more graphic novels, including some more Horowitz adaptations for those of you who like the pictures, the new Cathy Cassidy, more copies of Shadow Wave because you all seem to want it at once, and we couldn't resist the new Louise Rennison, even if Mrs Martin and I are already gritting our teeth at the title.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, all comments are moderated as there are a large number of students who check this blog. I'll clear it through as soon as I can!
Thanks.