Pages

Thursday 15 December 2011

Support from Michael Morpurgo

When I heard that the council were planning to close the SLS, I contacted Michael Morgurgo, who does a yearly event there for gifted and talented writers.  Several of my students have been along to this and found it a wonderful day, arriving back at school excited about their own work and eager to take it further.  

Though Michael Morpurgo is away at the moment, promoting the new War Horse film*, he took the time to write a letter to the leader of the council, asking him to consider a different future for the service.  You can read his letter here.  

*sob* 


*let's see if it makes me cry as much as the stage play did... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, all comments are moderated as there are a large number of students who check this blog. I'll clear it through as soon as I can!
Thanks.