Pages

Friday 22 July 2011

Last Day of Term

Phew, we're finally here!  *flails, falls down*

It's been an exhausting last couple of days and I think we've all hit the burn out stage.  The rush on summer loans hasn't let up and there are huge gaps on all the shelves, but some of the faster readers who took out their stacks last week have already returned handfuls of books that they've finished, so if your book wasn't here earlier in the week, it may be here now!

Today is also a sad day as I'm saying goodbye to my form.  7NAd are no more!  I'd really hoped to carry on with them right up through the school,  but sadly this hasn't been possible (ggrrrr...) so it's quite upsetting.  But I hope they know that I will be their unofficial form tutor for as long as they're here.  Next year they'll become 8RWa, with Miss Way taking over.  She's a wonderful form tutor so I know they'll be well looked after, but I'll miss them horribly.

So, what's happening over the summer?

Those students who are taking part in shadowing The Guardian award will be posting their reviews over the summer on our student blog, so do take a look at what they think.

The Nerdfighters will continue their projects and continue the amazing research that they've already put so much time and energy into.  Some of the things they've discovered and learned about already has been really impressive.  Year 8 students have been putting the sixth form to shame with their knowledge of psychology.  We're going to have a fantastic collection of rollercoaster experts by the time this is all finished, and some of the ideas for their final pieces sound absolutely brilliant and so exciting!  

Some lucky folk are off to the Edinburgh book festival over the break, which I'm very jealous off, but I'm running away to the other side of the world to play with hobbits*, so I'm hoping that they will all bring back signed books and interesting news for us all.

Hope you all have a fantastic summer!  Read a lot, then come straight back up to the library when we're all back in September.



*I might not find hobbits but I will look carefully! Will also keep  my eyes open for worryingly attractive dwarves, though I do think Thorin looks a bit like a Klingon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, all comments are moderated as there are a large number of students who check this blog. I'll clear it through as soon as I can!
Thanks.