Pages

Friday 1 April 2011

Sorry blog

I know I've been neglecting you.  It's been a crazy busy time, with the regular library stuff, a full time job on its own, getting busier than ever, and a couple of events that have taken up a lot of time but should end up being very beneficial.

 
The first was the launch of our Trust School Status, a mini-charrette (consultation process) with the Trust Partners (Herts Uni, Sir John Lawes School, Presedence ICT and Rothamsted) that was held at the University on the 22nd March.  Thirteen of our students and a similar number from SJL went along to talk through plans and ideas about how the Trust could be work for the schools and what we could all bring to the mix.  Our students did so well and spoke eloquently and confidently, often leading discussion and feedback sessions.  I know the staff at the University and the Trust partners were very impressed with all of them!  Of course, knowing what they're all like it wasn't a huge surprise for me, though Alex's capacity for crisps came as a bit of a surprise, and Max's attachment to the flipboard pens was a little worrying.  Congratulations to everyone who took part though.

The second was my trip up to Cambridge for the Cambridge Librarians' TeachMeet.  It was my first one and I'd taken the bold step of agreeing to present, which may have been a little foolhardy.  It was a wonderful evening though, and I learned a lot from all there as well as having the chance to put names to Twitter names! My presentation went well though, and you can see it here:

[slideshare id=7436719&doc=camlibtmnicky-110329155637-phpapp01]

The notes are available over here.

And now with these over, I'm clear to focus on my favourite part of the library year.  It's Carnegie Shadowing time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, all comments are moderated as there are a large number of students who check this blog. I'll clear it through as soon as I can!
Thanks.